Monkey image

Sunday, October 13, 2013

October and Fall Break is Over

Well my week off is coming to an end I have spent the week on house projects and catching up on sleep.  Today I am dedicating to getting ready to go back to my wonderful Room 10 kids and getting down to business.  I wanted to stop by my blog for few minutes and catch everyone up with pictures. Here are a few things we have been working on before our break. 

Here are two mini lessons that I did with the class during writing workshops.


Below is a picture of the materials that the kids use during their independent time.  The alphabet chart is from Deanna Jump and Deedee Wills writing units.


We also spent the week before our break on learning about Johnny Appleseed.  Here are a few pictures of the kids work.  I love when they work so hard the display just made me smile.


A tree graph about Johnny Appleseed.


An Apply Glyph (this is from Shari Sloane's Website).

Results of our glyph



Our Final Display



Next week is another short week for the kids.  They will be in school Monday through Wednesday.  Thursday and Friday will be Parent/Teacher conference days.

We are starting our Nocturnal Animal Theme tomorrow so check back for pictures and information on what we are working on and learning.

Talk soon,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment