Monkey image

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Survival, Report Cards and Scarecrows

First, I have been in front of my computer what feels like most of the weekend and yes I know that is not what I actually did but still.  This week marked the end of our first marking period at school which means report card time.  Our report cards are standards based and skills is listed on the report card.  We are fortunate enough to be able to do them on the computer but after looking at all those little boxes for 24 kids and then writing comments my eyes are extremely tired. By the way NO I am not done yet I still have 8 more sweet little children to write comments for but that probably won't happen until tomorrow.  

Our Halloween festivities are over and done and we survived.  I hope all of you did as well.  We were lucky our staff day was Friday so hopefully by the time the kids walk in the door in the morning they will be off their sugar high and ready for an exciting week of learning.

We are going to work with scarecrows this week and then move in to farm activities the following week, before we get down and dirty with Thanksgiving fun.  Below are a few pictures of activities that we will be doing in class.  Some of the pictures are links that will give you a copy of the activity.  Hope you can use them in your class.  If not this year maybe save it for next year.


We are going to use this scarecrow graphic organizer to work on main topic  and details.



This is in my writing area.  The kids will use the directions to make a scarecrow and then write about the scarecrow.  The directions on how to make a scarecrow comes for Kinder by Kim TPT store



This is a sight word book I wrote to help my kids work on the sight word find. Please use this in your class if it would help your students.



Here is an activity where the children color the scarecrow, cut it apart and then glue it down in numerical order.  This is also an activity you can use in your class. 



I guess that is all for now.  I will check back in with you all later.  I hope you have a good week at school.

Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment