Monkey image

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Almost There!!!!!

Well I just wanted to take a minute and check in with everyone.  I know most of you are feeling like I am which is “when is the holiday break again”.  My classroom kids overall are doing well but you can definitely tell that they have the “HOLIDAY SPIRIT” in them.  I am counting down these last five days telling myself each morning “I think I can, I think I can.”

Onto another topic what I stopped by to share.  Last week we had a three day week due to snow and we didn’t get as much done as I had hoped but one project definitely stood out and I wanted to share it quickly with you.


I call it the Shape Christmas Tree.  In our math series we were working on attributes of different shapes.  So to incorporate Christmas and shapes together we made trees.  We began with different size squares.  We cut the squares on a diagonal to make triangles and then we assembled the triangles to make a Christmas tree.  We added a rectangle tree trunk and ta-da.  The tree part of the project took one day.  I then pulled out a Christmas tree glyph that I found on Shari Sloane’s website and we decorated the trees with circle shapes.  The kids did a wonderful job, we got the  skills covered and we had fun with the project.  The pictures are below, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did making them.






Write more soon,
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment