Monkey image

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Weekly Plans-Polar Bears

Hi all,

Well we made it through another week and survived.  My class for graduate school started back this week so by Friday I felt a little more tired than I did the week before, but still was able to go out to dinner with a friend and relax with a fruity drink.

This past week in class we read books about mittens and worked on retelling the story.  It was amazing how well most of the students did and by Friday they acted like real pros with their retelling.  Also, in my small RTI group the kids started using the boogie boards and you would have thought that was the best thing since M & M's were invented.  We used the boards to practice the daily sight words that the group needed to learn.  Here is a picture of them and their boards: 



Well enough about last week here are my plans for this week.  We are going to learn about polar bears.  We are going to do a close read with a polar bear informational book and hopefully learn lots of interesting facts about polar bears.  In our work areas we are using polar bears to help with our math skills and some reading skills.  

Here is a picture of the plans, you can click on it and download the pdf which contains some links to the activities I am using.



Thanks for stopping by to check in on what we are doing.  I am hoping to blog some this week about my RTI group.  If you click on the link in my plans it will take you to the resource that I am using.  I am seeing results and that is what we want.

Thanks again,
Leslie

Here is the link to Mrs. Wills' Kindergarten where you will find more wonderful lesson plans and ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment