Monkey image

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Resolution and a Currently

Well some of you probably never thought you would hear from me again.  To be honest I was beginning to wonder if I would ever have a chance to write on this blog again.


To catch you up I am still in graduate school and teaching full time.  This seems to take up so much of my time. (I know that anyone who has been in my shoes knows this feeling).  When I do have free time from one of the above activities I try to help my brother on our latest house remodel project and help my parents where they need me.  Saying all this means that I have found little time to sit down and write on my blog.  Well one of my resolutions is to write on my blog more and hopefully to post more activity and classroom pictures as well.  I have been reflecting a lot over this holiday break and realized that when I write on my blog I also get a chance to reflect on what I am doing in my classroom and why I am doing those activities.  Another reason I really like writing on my blog is I like sharing.  I read other blogs on a daily basis and I feel like that I am getting so much from them that I also need to be giving back.  These two reasons after all is why I first started this blog.

So after that long winded speech I am formally stating that my New Year's Resolution is to reflect and write more about my classroom happenings.

Another resolution that I have it to post more of my creations on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I know everyone probably does this but to me it is another way of giving back and paying it forward for all the wonderful ideas that other teachers have shared with me each day/year.

Below is my latest upload to TPT.  If you click on the picture it will take you to the link in my TPT Store.



Okay I promise this is the last thing for tonight.  I thought what better way to get back into blogging that to link up with other bloggers.  So I decided to link up with Farley for her Currently January Party.


Listening: I love Hallmark Channel and I DVR many shows from them to watch later.  Tonight I chose The Ultimate Gift.  Just a good feel good movie.

Loving:  This vacation is the first time in a long time that I have not had anything pressing to do and I am loving the down time.

Thinking:  As I stated my resolution is to work on my blog and reflect more so I am trying to make a list of ideas that I want to spend time reflecting on and processing more.

Wanting:  Since this is my first down time is a long time I wouldn't mind a few extra days to finish a good book.

Needing:  Nothing that says it all.

Wish:  I have been working with Windows machines for a long time but I a beginning to wonder if I would like to try out the Mac Book laptop.  Just a wish I am thinking about.

Thank you to all who took the time to read this post.  I hope you will stop back soon to see what is happening in my classroom.

Leslie



3 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!
    Just found you through Farley:)
    I went to grad school 14 years ago while teaching Grade 1 full-time. Hardest thing I ever did! But very worth it:)
    I was also a long time Windows user and then switched over to a Mac Air Book and I absolutely LOVE it! It's so fast and easy to use, not to mention super light. I take it to school and have all my lesson plans on it. I say "go for it". You won't be disappointed.
    Happy New Year!
    BL Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Happy to have found your blog through the linky! I need to do like you and make a list of ideas to blog about... maybe this would help me with needing to blog more! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever record holiday movies from Lifetime? I used to record Hallmark, but I found that I liked more of the Lifetimes ones. Some of the Hallmark ones are pretty sad for the holidays. Enjoy the rest of your break!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete